Saturday, November 24, 2007

Eddie Hazel


Eddie Hazel was born on April 10, 1950, and passed on December 23, 1992. He was a pioneering and influential guitarist in early funk music in the United States, most famous for his lead guitar work with George Clinton and Funkadelic. In 1977, Eddie released his debut solo album on Warner Brothers entitled "Game, Dames & Guitar Thangs". He has been featured on a number of lists of greatest guitarists of all time, and is highly respected among many guitarists of all genres. One of my favourite groups, Ween, recorded a tribute to him called "A Tear for Eddie" on their album Chocolate And Cheese, imitating his unique soloing style; A super dope track! When my band, The Salads, was on tour with Fishbone in 2002, I remember their guitarist at the time, Spacey T, talking a lot about Eddie Hazel's influence on him.

Anyhoo, if you're a guitarist, or just a lover of good funk music, you have to check this album out! Enjoy!

P.S. This download does not include the second last song on the album, "From The Bottom Of My Soul", as it's over 12 minutes long and wouldn't fit in the zip. If you dig this album and would like that song to complete the album, leave me a comment and I'll post it for you.

DOWNLOAD> EDDIE HAZEL - Game, Dames & Guitar Thangs

PEACE.1.D.

11 comments:

djempirical said...

sweet, thanks!

i'd love the other track, if you could....

Mista D said...

You got it man. Here ya go...
From The Bottom Of My Soul
PEACE.1.D.

djempirical said...

awesome, thanks!

baikinange said...

You have made an old Funkadelic fan very happy with this post. THANK YOU!

Mista D said...

My pleasure, Baikinange! Enjoy! :)
PEACE.1.D.

Anonymous said...

New to blogs. So glad I found yours.

Anonymous said...

Hey thanks for this from a new Eddie fan. Any idea where I could find Jams From The Heart EP?

pure justin said...

Yo homie, Im just gettin into funk and your blog is invaluable.

Bionic Ninja said...

Lovely. Thanks again!

Rockin Horse said...

magott brain is one of my favorites, i love it.
funk, soul, psy - great combination

try to smile through the madness said...

ace thanks