Thursday, December 6, 2007

Andrew W.K.



When this album came out in 2001, obviously I was curious about the music based on the cover art (I'm a sucker for a good album cover), but for whatever reasons, I wasn't ready to fully dig the music on the album...I didn't get it.

A few years ago a finally gave "I Get Wet" by Andrew W.K. a full-attention thorough listen....and I loved it!!

I was also swayed to the ways of Mr. W.K. after my band played the same Wakestock festival at Wasaga Beach, Ontario, Canada. He really put on a great show! I also remember seeing him on the same flight that the band and I once took from SXSW in Texas to LA. A few of us thought it was him, but the others weren't convinced. So on our ride out of the airport we passed him waiting for his ride, and I stuck my head out the window with a "Andrew!", and sure enough he turns his head and waves in our direction with a smile. We all laughed in the car, "It WAS him!". hahaha

To this day, this is now one of my favourite "party albums" of all time. Give'r a go...It's very effective! :)

Remember this video for "She Is Beautiful"?!:



DOWNLOAD> ANDREW W.K. - I Get Wet

P.S. Unfortunately, I have yet to obtain copies of any of his other albums. If anyone has anything, or can send me in the right direction, that'd rock!

P.P.S. This is great too! A clip from Andrew W.K.'s 4 hour lecture at New York University. This clip is about the paradox of partying. haha:


PEACE.1.D.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So this post is really old... but I enjoy what you write on your blog and I thought you might be interested in this as a sort of a follow up.

Apparently Andrew WK is teaming up with Lee Perry. HotNewz.TV has video clip on it.

I was curious as to what you thought about this.

Mista D said...

WOW! That's a trip! Thanks for letting me know about that collabo. I would never have expected those two characters to work together. Can't wait to hear it!!