Monday, May 19, 2008

Maximillian



I decided to post this rare album after receiving some positive comments on a few older albums I've posted with a similar sound. One comment in particular on the Purple Image post from Monica Payne-Torain said...

HELLO THERE! I REALLY DON'T KNOW A WHOLE LOT ABOUT THE PURPLE IMAGE ALBUM, BUT IT IS VERY IMPORTANT TO ME. MY FATHER, RICHARD PAYNE WAS THE DRUMMER ON THE ALBUM. MY SISTERS MOTHER, DIANE DUNLAP WAS ONE OF THE SINGERS. I MUST SAY I HAVE NEVER EVEN SEEN THE ALBUM, BUT I KNEW ABOUT IT. THANK YOU FOR HAVING IT AVAILABLE. TAKE CARE


I love that shit. Glad to get that album to you, Monica!

This one is a rare, heavy, Hendrix-inspired, psychedelic, funk-rock album from 1969 by a group called Maximillian. This is the only album of theirs I've ever heard...and that's all I really know about this one, unfortunately. If you have more info, please drop me a comment and let me know. Otherwise...

ENJOY!

DOWNLOAD> MAXIMILLIAN - s/t (1969)

PEACE.1.D.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Whoa. This album is super-rare. I´ve never heard it, nor seen it...anywhere. I´ve tried to buy it all over teh internet at several auctions, but I never even come near, as the prices were super steep... Thanks, dude! At last I can check it out! By the way, thanks a lot (!!!!!!!) for the Demon Fuzz album. I bought it on vinyl some years ago, and it is one of my absolutely all time favorite records, regardless of genre or time of production. It´s just awesome. Thanks.

Zer0_II said...

"This one is a rare, heavy, Hendrix-inspired, psychedelic, funk-rock album"

That's all I needed to read. The comparison to Purple Image is also very encouraging. Thank you very much for what I'm sure will be a fantastic album. Take care.

Zer0_II

Anonymous said...

Thanks for your blog. Could you verified the Maximillian link, i can't download it. And thanks for all.

Anonymous said...

I found an other link for Maximillian. Thanks for all.