Wednesday, March 7, 2007

The Freestylers rocked hard.



Maybe it's just cause I'm living in Canada, or maybe it's because I don't do the all-night-parties as often as I used to back in the '90s...but I haven't heard much about The Freestylers for a loooong time! The reason why I mention the Canadian thing is because The Freestylers' album "We Rock Hard" has been discontinued here for quite some time (for whatever reasons), and I don't know too many people around here that remember them...or so it seems. I do know that they released at least 3 other albums after "We Rock Hard"; "Pressure Point" in 2003, "Raw As Fuck" in 2004, and "Adventures In Freestyle" in 2006. I am not yet familiar with these other albums, but would like to check them out still!

Nonetheless, this song popped up on my random iTunes player this morning and it immediately threw me back to 1999, when the album was released, and I was partying it up like any kid moving away from home for the first time should! Wild times! And this album was the soundtrack to many a night.

The Freestylers are a mix of all kinds of dance music, but mainly hip-hop/drum'n'bass/big-beat/breakbeat/ragga/electro....
Just check it out.... :)

THE FREESTYLERS - Warning (feat. Navigator)
THE FREESTYLERS MYSPACE

PEACE.1.D.

No comments: