Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Fu fan for life.



Now that I think about it, I think I started listening to Fu Manchu around the same time that I started smoking pot. 1995. The same year Fu Manchu's album "Daredevil" was released. The song "Sleestak" was the theme song to many a session. haha

The following year they released "In Search Of...", and on the tour in support of that, I managed to find my way to a show with some buddies at The Embassy in London....a tiny little hole of rawk. We loved it. After the show we smoked some hash with Ruben & Eddie (former guitarist & drummer) up in one of the dirty rooms upstairs...serving them their first "bottle tokes", as hash was apparently non-existent back in Cali. As young kids, we thought this was thee kooooooolest thing ever. haha

A few years ago I took my wife to see Fu Manchu for her first time, on their "Start The Machine" tour. She digs the band, the venue was great (Mod Club, Toronto), and she loved the fact that their was never a line up to get into the women's washroom!

The guys just released their latest masterpiece, "We Must Obey". I really dig it! When I first heard the song "Hung Out To Dry", I didn't even make it past the first few guitar riffs before I was starting the song over again. SO GOOD! The sounds on the guitars...the drums...everything...SO GOOD!

Check it out....Go see 'em live though! Stoner rawk at it's finest. ;)

FU MANCHU - Hung Out To Dry
FU MANCHU's OFFICIAL WEBSITE

PEACE.1.D.

No comments: