Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Omar is for pleasure.


Omar is an amazing soulful and funky singer from the UK. He's got 6 albums released to date since 1990. "For Pleasure" came out in 1994, and is probably my favourite of them all, particularly with tracks like "Keep Steppin'", "Little Boy", "Making Sense Of It", "Saturday"...damn, the whole thing is the bomb. :)

Omar made his debut performance in Toronto about a year ago at the Mod Club, and I was there. I met him afterwards to say thanks, and to slip him a spliff, for which he thanked me with a big hug and an autograph on my copy of "Music". He was a super nice guy, and the show was killer!

If you don't know about Omar, check him out!

DOWNLOAD> OMAR - For Pleasure
visit OMARMUSIC.NET

PEACE.1.D.

2 comments:

Drummah said...

YUSS.
Another fella who's tunes I'm so happy you introduced me to.
No song I dislike.

Love the new banner, too!
heeee

Mista D said...

Thanks Drummah!
Glad you're diggin' this one too. Maybe I'll post more Omar again soon. I've got his entire catalogue. :)