Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Today was a good day.



It's still early in the afternoon as I post this, but today is already a good day. Maining because I don't have to go to work today, and it's cold outside....so I can chillax....making today a good day!

So in hopes to keep my day, and yours, on this good path...these songs are ideal for today's soundtrack...

I recently heard this rhyme that Pharrell did over Ice Cube's "It Was A Good Day" instrumental, on Pharrell's first mixtape (put out with DJ Drama), a "prequel" to his "In My Mind" album (which I kinda think is more interesting than his "In My Mind" album)....which reminded me of this classic track of Cube's....One of my early hip-hop favourites from 1992!

Then I remembered that dope remix of "It Was A Good Day" Cube put out in '94 on his "Bootlegs & B-Sides" album...Another smooooth gem with The Staple Singers and Parliament samples replacing the instrument, and Cube reworked some lyrics for it too....Dope.

Well, I hope these help make your day brighter like mine is runnin' so far....Enjoy!


ICE CUBE - It Was A Good Day
ICE CUBE - It Was A Good Day (Remix)
PHARRELL - It Was A Great Day
PHARRELL & DJ DRAMA - In My Mind: The Prequel Mixtape


PEACE.1.D.

No comments: