Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Da Grassroots



Da Grassroots consist of 3 djs/producers from Toronto: Mr.Murray, Mr.Attic, and Swiff. In 1999 they released this cd,
"Passage Through Time", on Conception Records. To the best of my knowledge, this cd has been discontinued for a few years now, which is unfortunate because, in my opinion, it's one of the best Canadian hip-hop albums released!

The album features a wack of Canadian MCs like Arcee, Mr.Roam, Saukrates, Choclair, Fatski, Thrust, G-Knight, Ghetto Concept, k-os, Marvel, and more!

If you don't know this one...now you know!

DOWNLOAD> DA GRASSROOTS - Passage Through Time

PEACE.1.D.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can't find this album anywhere, amazon, ebay, no where... any way you could reupload it to a site like megaupload or something? the d/l link is no longer valid...

Mista D said...

Yo dude...
I just re-uped this album AND rescanned the cd cover so you got a better quality image...You're welcome! :)
I personally know a bunch of the kats on this album, and clearly remember the parties surrounding the release of this album. Good times!
Thanks for checkin' this blog...Enjoy!
PEACE.1.D.

Anonymous said...

Thanks bro, this is some ill shit and I've had a few tracks off this album for a while (black dove is one of my all time favorites) and have been looking for the full album for a while... wish I could cop a 12"!

Thanks again and happy new years!

Anonymous said...

PS - I cleaned up a lot of the noise on the cover scan for my mp3 collection, thought I would share it with anyone who wanted a cleaner pic.

Download it here:

http://i265.photobucket.com/albums/ii234/twicetoasted/folder.jpg

Mista D said...

Right on! Thanks for the image fix-up! I've added it to the blog now too.
Hey, if you're interested in any other albums from any of the artists on this album, lemme know! Off hand, I am thinking of Mr.Roam's "The ClasSix Plus Six" or the mixtape promo for it, simply called "The ClasSix".
I also have an Arcee mixtape of his best tracks. Have you heard Mr.Murray's downtempo group LAL? I have a few albums of theirs too.
Lemme know! Cheers!
PEACE.1.D.

Anonymous said...

wow you are the man. Thanks for this.

Unknown said...

adhghgfg

sexy said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anita of HMV days said...

Wow... scanning the internets for Da Grassroots album and where do I find it but on your blog!
Big up HMV days, mista d. Thanks for the download and hope you and the salads are still well and kickin'