Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Headstrong (R.I.P.)


Back in 2002, we (The Salads) were looking for someone to record our upcoming cd, "Fold A to B'. After hearing the new major label debut album from our good friends in a heavy rock band called Headstrong (fka Bomb32), we were very impressed by the sound of their recordings. We soon discovered that a man by the name of Dan Brodbeck had recorded their album in London, Ontario at EMAC studios....and after contacting Dan ourselves, we also discovered that he was already a fan of The Salads, and very interested in recording our new material. We were stoked! We ended up recording both "Fold A to B" (2003), and "The Big Picture" (2006) with Dan at EMAC.

So if it wasn't for this amazing album by Headstrong, both of those Salads cds may not have ended up like they did. Unfortunately, after some lengthy touring through the US, and plenty of label/management problems, Headstrong packed it in and called it quits before a sophomore cd could be completed. On the upside of things, the band DID record 5 demos for new songs at EMAC before things fell apart.

I really believe this album didn't get the push it deserved, because it's so good, and it seems like so few people are even aware of it's existence. So here you go.....Headstrong's debut, self-titled cd...PLUS the final 5 demos!

Enjoy!

DOWNLOAD> HEADSTRONG

PEACE.1.D.

3 comments:

Drummah said...

Hey D, this link isn't working for me for some reason. :(

Mista D said...

sorry bout that. I think it's fixed now!

Periwinkle Blues said...

I remember ... years ago I saw their posters up at the Crocodile Cafe in Seattle. I can't remember if I actually went to the show or just stole the show posters of the boys boxing. Nor do I remember where I put the posters. Oh the early 20s a complete FOG.