Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Pocket Dwellers (R.I.P?!)


My good friends in the mighty mighty Pocket Dwellers have put their mighty project on an "indefinite hault". This is very unfortunate, but so it goes. I hope to see, and perform with the Dwellers again sometime in my lifetime, as they are all wonderfully talented guys, and without a doubt, one of my favourite Canadian bands!


The Dwellers put out this dope mixtape in 2005 called "Conception: Vol.2" (*feat. Skitz on "The Work Out"; also on The Salads' song "Why It Gotta Be?"). The mixtape was out to kinda help promote their upcoming Bluenote records release, "Pd-Atrics" (*feat. yours truly on the song "Want To Be") in 2005. (I'm still trying to get my hands on a copy of "Conception: Vol.1". I need to bug the boys about that! And that Salads remix NIgel is working on! :) All in time.)

Anyways, if you don't know the Dwellers, check out this mixtape and go hunt down their albums ["Digitally Organic" in 2000, "Lifecheck:Live!" in 2003 (*NIgel shouts out The Salads towards the end of the song "Eye Of The Storm"), and "Pd-Atrics" in 2005],...You won't regret it. Walk right. Level headed. Pocket Dwellers MOVE! ;) Miss you guys!

DOWNLOAD> POCKET DWELLERS - Conception : Vol.2 (Mixtape)
POCKET DWELLERS.com

PEACE.1.D.

1 comment:

SarahB said...

I was actually looking trying to track down tour dates for them yesterday. Sad news for sure. I still have yet to see them live.