Friday, December 15, 2006

Demon Fuzz



A few weeks ago I was looking around one of my favourite indie cd shops in Toronto, when I was drawn to the cover art of this album called "Afreaka!" by Demon Fuzz. Then the sticker on the cover made me pick it up off the shelf: "Funkadelic meets Hendrix & Cymande". Whoa! I love all three! So I asked one of the guys working there if he knew anything about it, and he began explaining to me that it also had elements of early Santana and Kyuss (where Queens Of The Stone Age came from), of which I'm also a fan of. He then began playing me the first track on the album entitled, "Past Present And Future", a song that is just shy of 10 minutes long. That's all I needed to hear to take this rare gem home with me. And boy am I glad I did!

This album was apparently the only album Demon Fuzz ever released. It was originally released on vinyl in the 1970s on a UK label called Dawn, and has been a rare find until Sanctuary Records re-released it on cd in 2005.

I'm really diggin' this entire album as it flows from soul, funk, rock, and jazz stylings throughout it's 8 lengthy tracks. The original release only consisted of the first 5 tracks, but this cd includes 3 bonus tracks from a vinyl EP that was released around the same time.

Here's the song that opens the album.....Hope you enjoy it!

DEMON FUZZ - Past Present And Future

visit Santuary Records for more on Demon Fuzz

PEACE.1.D.

1 comment:

Drummah said...

I really like this track.