Thursday, December 14, 2006

Fishbone is red hot!



Well, here goes nuthin'... :)

I believe I've told more people about the almighty Fishbone more times than I've recommended any other band. Why? Because I've been a fan of theirs for a looooong time, and I've also been blessed to share the stage with them over the years (opening and collaborating) countless times. I love these boys.

For those of you who don't know this band...you betta recognize! If it weren't for the Bone, we likely wouldn't have bands like No Doubt, the Chili Peppers, Sublime, 311...shit, I could go on and on.

Fishbone's last major label release was in 2000 on Hollywood Records. This 10 track masterpiece was their most radio-friendly record to date, packed with guest appearances from all those musicians they loved and influenced....yet nobody really seems to know about this album. Not a single music video was made by Hollywood. Music videos are "no-brainers" for the Bone....They're entertainers in every sense of the word!

Anyways, the moral of that little rant is that I think everyone should own, "Fishbone & The Familyhood Nextperience Presents The Psychotic Friends Nuttwerx". Check out this cover of a Sly & The Family Stone classic featuring Gwen Stefani, George Clinton, Rick James AND Perry Farrell on vocals with Angelo. Deadly.

FISHBONE - Everybody Is A Star

visit Fishbone.net

PEACE.1.D.

2 comments:

felipe said...

yeah dawg!! badass!

SarahB said...

Thanks to you, I have more Fishbone tracks than any other band on my itunes.