Thursday, December 21, 2006

Willie Nelson is a reggae star!



When this cd came out in 2005, I was waiting for it. I had read about it, and that Willie was working on this album for around 10 years (if not longer)!

"Countryman" is Willie's first reggae album. It consists of reggae-fied versions of some of his songs...and a few covers like Johnny Cash's "I'm A Worried Man" (feat. Toots Hibert of The Maytals), and Jimmy Cliff's "The Harder They Come" (which is the only country song on this reggae album ;? pure willie humour! ha).

I, personally, really enjoy this record...as a fan of reggae and Willie. It's a fun one from start to finish.
But the critics (obviously) really slammed this album. It really does show the similarities between country and reggae music...and helping prove the theory that all genres of music are connected! It's true folks.

I STRONGLY urge you ALL to buy and read "The Tao of Willie: A Guide to the Happiness in Your Heart" by Willie Nelson. I loved it, and everyone I know who's read it has enjoyed it immensely. Seriously...If you're still looking for something for mom or dad for Xmas...I just solved your problem! Here's what it looks like:

How 'bout that! haha Here's a quote from Willie to give you an example: "Once you replace negative thoughts with positive ones, you'll start having positive results." How true.

Listen to this one... It's one of my favourite tracks from "Countryman"....

WILLIE NELSON - Darkness On The Face Of The Earth

visit Willie's website

PEACE.1.D.

No comments: